Wagner + Kühner
Customer number:   Password:   Login  |  {{Passwort zurücksetzen}}  |  Register
  • de
  • en
  • fr
CompanyHistoryQualityContactApproachPressTrade FairsCareers


History

It all began in an inn shortly after the war. From the chance acquaintanceship of an optician and a precision engineer a company emerged which is still growing today – from a producer of standard-issue glasses to one of the leading glasses and sunglasses suppliers of specialist retailers. We practice social commitment, constant improvement, innovation – entirely according to the motto: we want to impress – always.


1945: Founding by Kurt Wagner and Emil Kühner as a production company for plastic frames
   
1970: Managed by Emil Kühner as sole owner and managing director
   
1980: Klaus Kühner joins the board of directors
   
since 1982: Increasing expansion of the business area of merchandise
   
since 1990: Full-coverage expansion of the national field service
   
1993: Marketing of our own sunglasses collection;
first product-accompanying marketing measures in the form of brochures for the optician
   
since 1995: Wagner + Kühner GmbH is a pure trading company
   
2001: Klaus Kühner takes over the management of the company as sole shareholder and managing director
   
2003: Introduction of the brand MORE & MORE
   
2009: Introduction of the brand Pepe Jeans Eyewear
   
2010: Introduction of the brand s.Oliver
   
2011: Introduction of the brand Polaroid;
Guido Kiefer becomes 2nd managing director
   
2014: Introduction of the brand BAJAZZO
   
2014: Introduction of the brand INVU
   
2014: Introduction of the brand Liebeskind
   
2015: Introduction of the brand Aigner
   
2017: Introduction of the brand HEAD